Sunday, November 23, 2014

Send Sandi Seashells

★"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems
She's the coast of somewhere beautiful"

The beach is where my soul shines, where I was born, and where I like to be when it is time to say goodbye. I entered this world on Cocoa Beach FL. I've been lost in Long Beach and played with dolphins in Waikiki. I drank tequila on the boardwalk in North Carolina, walked the shorelines of Myrtle Beach, fell in love with the stary night in Daytona, and observed the sun rise over Laguna, CA. From each beach I've visited I have a bottle of sand and a hand full of shells to remind me of the beauty and tranquility of my favorite locations.

I would give anything to be able to collect more sand and seashells with my toes in the sand, my lungs breathing in the salt air, and the sun kissing my face. The sad reality is, the older I get, the worse Cystic Fibrosis is taking control over my financial obligations and physical health. I am not sure if or when I will get back to my heaven on earth to gather enough shells for what I want to do.

★I have decided to enlist the aid of those who follow my blog and people who are lucky enough to live on or near a beach worldwide.

I am asking anyone who has access to a beach to send me a hand full of seashells or even coral if possible. Once I have enough they are going to help me decorate my bathroom, with beauty and well wishes from all over the globe. Seeing as I am unable to get to the beach I am hoping to have the beach come to me. 

★Make sure to put a note stating where the shells comes from and who is sending it my way so I can incorporate it into my project.

"Life is a beach, but I sea the bright side of it."

Dreaming of Crashing Waves,
  Sandi

★please send shells to:

Sandi Dick
111 1/2 Diamond St.
Fairmont, WV 26554

For more information about my journey with CF, tips, updates on this project, and CF education, please like me on Facebook!