Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving Blog!

Tis the season! I simply want to say thank you to each and every one of you that follow my blog and FB page. That support me and actually look forward to reading my blogs daily.

When I first started writing about CF last October, I didn't think anyone would read them other than my friends and family. I would have never imagined that my words and experience with CF would actually matter.

★The fact that I have formed amazing bonds with pretty awesome people because of it, is simply icing on the cake for me.

I was used to telling people about Cystic Fibrosis regularly, in person in small numbers. Of course not many people knew what it was nor did they remember what I told them ten minutes later. So this whole year has been so unreal to me, being able to educate about CF and give personal tips and advice.

Living with this disease has opened my eyes. Showing me that I do have insight that can help others facing CF and give an ear to listen. Never did I think my blogs would change how people thought or looked at anything. Never in a million years would I think that anything I had to say would benefit a single person. I definitely NEVER would I have thought my blogs would be seen all over the world like they have been!

Honesty, I was worried when writing the way I do. Most topics are sensitive subjects and I  thought my blog would get negative comments for being so open. I can thankfully say that has never been the case. It is safe to say most people would rather someone put it out there and tell it how it is, instead of the neat pretty box most people try to put CF in.

★Of course sometimes they like it when other people can say it for them. I guess that is where I come in.

I can not explain how amazing it make me feel receiving messages from parents and CF patients alike. Being recognized by pages for being an "inspirational" or "strong" blogger. Being told daily that I have helped someone work harder for thier goals or just that they relate to my blogs and what I have to say. So humbled!

Thank you all and have a great Thanksgiving!

Shockingly Thankful,
  Sandi

To keep up with me or CF info like me on Facebook!