Sunday, July 30, 2017

Essential Oils and CF

I've heard everything there is to hear about selling doTERRA oils and most of it, is a misunderstand of what they do! Think of it like this aromatherapy has been around for YEARS and so has homeopathic ways of aiding aliments. That's all it is! 

☡THEY DO NOT HEAL, CURE, TURN YOU IN A UNICORN, OR FIX anything. Always keep that in mind when thinking of essential oils. They can help ease, soothe, cool, and aid in a lot of different things, but they will never erase your health problems. Never, ever use them in replace of ANY prescribed medication. Only to help add to your medical treatments!!


Now, this blog has the potential to be pretty long I am going to try to break it down without you reading a novel. 

🌾To answer the most basic question I am getting, essential oils are naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. When the oils are extracted from the plants, they can be used as single oils or in oil blends to increase emotional and physical wellness. If properly extracted, essential oils have the unique ability to benefit people in all areas of life, whether in food preparation, beauty treatment, or health-care practices.

I know, I know, but what does all that mean in real talk, right? 

🌼Lets go with, chamomile teas. People have been drinking them forever, to help calm them, aid with sleep, soothe your stomach, ease headaches, and so much more. That is exactly what the doTERRA Roman Chamomile oil does without needing to drink the nasty tea, I can't stand the taste. It can also aid in curbing anxiety feelings, calming your allergies, and can even help with PMS symptoms. 

💦Oils can have a positive effect on you, if you know what each oil can aid with and how to use them to see the best results for you. Now, keep in mind everyone is different when it comes to what works and what doesn't. Also, everyone tolerates scents differently. For the most part diluting your oils with a base of coconut oil, is the best way to use oils topically. That way it won't be as strong and it won't irritate your skin. 

You do not NEED a diffuser for your oils, however it can be nice if you are using them for health purposes, to breathe in the oils from the steam. You can also put the oil in your hand and directly inhale them that way, or put them on your pressure points on your feet and hands. Taking a nice hot bath with 2 drops of your favorite oil is also a great way to breathe them in. 

❣To get to the questions as to what are my favorite oils personally, that's a tough one. I go back and forth with several different ones to be honest. However, if I were to pick I'd say the doTERRA Lavender, Breathe Blend, Lemon, OnGuard Blend, Peppermint, PastTense Blend and Vetiver. All of which help aid sleep, open airways, ease infections, soothe headaches and much more. The best ones for a bubble bath though are lavender and the Breath Blend, in my opinion! Very relaxing! 

♻Now, while I just started selling doTERRA I am getting ready to do a pretty awesome promo including the doTERRA Breathe Blend. For every bottle sold, at $20 a bottle wholesale ($26.66 retail) I will be donating $5 to a CFer who is raising the funds for a lung transplant. I thought about donating to the CFF, however I realized it would be better used if I could give it directly to those who actually need it!

So, help me help you breathe a little better. While we together help someone else breathe better forever!
   Sandi 
For more on doTERRA or Cystic Fibrosis follow me on Facebook!