Wednesday, April 23, 2014

When life gets hard!

Breathe in and out deep breaths slow and steady breaths.

Was that easy for you to do? When you breathe everyday do you ever think about it? Do you ever say to yourself "Wow, I am a good breather that isn't hard at all" I honestly doubt it.

Did you know as you read this blog there are thousands of CF patients on oxygen right now helping them breathe because they can't.

I am included in that group of Cystics. Doing my last treatment of the night, sadly having to constantly wipe my nose or sniffle because of the running it is doing thanks to the tubing to my O2. Sitting here looking like death could knock at my door at any minute. My eyes are so sunken into my face, I am wheezing more so than not, and catching my breath is such a struggle. Yet I have people who love me, tell me every day that I am "beautiful" and support me through this uphill battle. I have a support system that would bring me the moon if I wanted it and am so thankful for that each day. Even through my insecurities, hard times, and doubts.

I know that every night when I go to sleep, my man will tell me he loves me and kiss me Goodnight. Every morning when I wake up, he gives me good morning kisses and my mother will send me a good morning text followed by a phone call at lunch. Every day my dad will make a phone call just to check in. I have the most amazing best friend who checks on me at least once a week and more if she can. I know when it is said and done, I can breathe easy knowing they are here with me and for me.

I was terrified in my last blog about being alone when I get that call for my transplant. However, I realized I am never alone. Especially with my friends, family, love, and even my CF community!

Please, no matter what you may go through and how hard it is for you in this fight. Remember, it is hard to breathe for us, but we are not alone! Never will be!

I can say this because I am here for all of you! Even if you have a harder life, and possibly you don't have the best support system and you feel alone a lot more than you should. Know I am always here for you to help you through the hard times of your life! Cystics, parents, friends, or even healthy people who need someone to listen. Don't hesitate to reach out to me! I will listen and support you every way I can!!!!

Always Here,
  Sandi

Follow my CF fight and life on Facebook!