Sunday, June 29, 2014

๐Ÿ’ŽUpdate Blog๐Ÿ’Ž Memories & CF

                 ๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’ŽUpdate๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž๐Ÿ’Ž

In WV they weren't really sure what to think of my memory issues. Luckily, the doctors here do know what they are doing, which sucks in a way. 

I am just learning that antibiotics and a couple other meds that I've been on since, before I can remember has a crazy side effect that us unbelievable rare. 

๐Ÿ’ฃOf course its rare, wouldn't ya know I get that side effect. I mean why not?

Anyway, it's not only one medication but a combo so, I wouldn't worry too much about it happening to you. These meds have my long and short term memories fading away. From what I was told it will only being getting worse. 

๐Ÿ’ญIf you ask me if I remember something 9 times out of 10 I don't.

My solution is to start a memory journal and I really, really need your help. If you have memories(good or bad) that stand out and I'm in them, please message me and tell me what it is so, I can include it into my memory journal. If we have photos together send them too. Please, don't keep my past from me by not helping me. 

Sadly, I've always been very nostalgic and I'm not sure how that's going to work now. 


       ๐Ÿก๐Ÿก๐ŸกOld Post About Memories 

I often find myself staring blank into a wall when someone says "Do you remember that?" "We had so much fun back then" or even "You were such a bitch I hated you". Sometimes I lie and just agree with people instead of admitting I simply do not remember.

I am not 100% positive on this, however, I do think that Cystic Fibrosis, medications, and a slight form of PTSD is to blame. Up until college if there isn't a photo documenting an event, I find it hard and almost impossible to remember a lot of things.

★Which is why I now take photos of everything no matter the reason, day, or event. If not I would not have any memories at all. Even some events from Hooters and California, if there wasn't a photo it didn't happen. I do not have a memory of a lot of things that I should. I have done so much to retrieve photos from my friends, Hooters, and California and I come up short. Although at least one photo if not more was taken EVERY day I can't seem to find them.

Stories like "When I first met you in kindergarten, you hit me with a Fisher-Price frying pan" or "Do you remember asking me, If you were adopted don't you have to leave?" It honestly breaks my heart that I do not remember these things. I have to just shake my head as if to say that moment wasn't worth remembering and I feel terrible and cannot control it.

I will say I know and am the first one to own up and admit I was, well a bitch and even a bully when I was in school. I know it and understand that I still can be a bitch if need be but I was also young, stupid, and unaware of what my words could cause.

★I do know about me making fun of someone for the number of barrettes in their hair in elementary school. Only because I have heard the story a few times do I "remember" it. I personally do not remember saying it at all. Although I know what was said and why. Honestly, it hurts my heart thinking about it now, although it was over 15 years ago.

๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ซI really only remember talking to roughly 4-6 different people on a regular and none of which were in the same clique. I apologize I don't remember more people.

I guess the issue that I am coming up against is now is I am slowly getting sicker needing more antibiotics and it seems to happening more.  

A memory, time, friend, or the moment is lost and I can't bring it back by myself.  So I am asking you to help me remember. Please, if you have a good or even bad memory of me, please share it with me. Send me a message on FB if you want. Even better if you have a photo that may have 10 inches of dust on it, please send it my way. I'd love to copy it and send it back.

★Luckily, with social media this should easy to do and I can share in the memories with you instead of being ashamed that I just don't remember.

Forgetfully remembering,
   Sandi

For more about me and my journey follow me on Facebook!

♥I honestly do not remember any of these photos only the stories I was told about them. The Kennywood photo, I have absolutely no memory or clarity of.